Sunday, June 9, 2013

A few of my favorite things

Two of my favorite movies as a little girl were The Sound of Music by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II and Hello, Dolly! starring Barbra Streisand.
 
In a song written for The Sound of Music, Oscar Hammerstein II wrote, "A bell's not a bell 'til you ring it, A song's not a song 'til you sing it, Love in your heart isn't put there to stay, Love isn't love 'til you give it away!"
 
My favorite quote in Hello, Dolly! is by the character Dolly Levi, "Money, Pardon the expression, is like manure. It's not worth a thing unless it's spread around, encouraging young things to grow."
 
I think it is vital to life to share. Whether it be a laugh, a struggle, or an iced coffee.
Just as vital, I feel is it to take good care of oneself.
So I will share with you a few of my favorite things of late.
 




beet colored lip gloss (made from real beets)
a pretty summer scarf
a necklace with a shell I found at the beach
tan skin
the smell of argon oil
iced vanilla Frappuccino
swimming in the deep of the ocean
                                                      the color of mustard yellow
the sound of waves lapping on the shore
orange pineapple ice cream 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment