Sunday, June 23, 2013

Roll with the Punches

I had the most fantastic day yesterday. Let me say to start off with that it was nothing like I first or even second had planned. I had first thought I had some freelance work out of town for Friday and Saturday, subsequently I booked a job doing a bride's makeup in the same area since I thought I would be in town. The work fell threw. Then, I thought, since I have to go out of town to do the bride's makeup, I will make it a social affair since a friend is having a bbq and a bunch of old friends were going to get together the next day. But then my childcare fell through. After being initially bummed out and brewing in that murky state of mine for a bit, a friend of mine said, "Whatever is meant to happen." It resonated with me, and I realized I needed to roll with the punches. On the way to the church to do the bride's makeup, I passed a furniture consignment store and a thrift store, as well as a linens and fabric store. Perfect. These are the places I should go on the way back home after my makeup gig, I thought. And it was the most exciting day I have had in a long time. A post called Riding the Tide is coming soon to show you some of the things that came my way. I am so thankful that I was able to change my view of what I thought needed to happen to letting life come to me.


Lenka sings "Roll with the Punches." Check out her other songs too. They are incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Love it! I value you as one of my newest friends and business connection. Lovely story and post. The angels are nudging me to get back to posting on my blog. I am calling in miraculous time management. Blessed Be! Jewels

    ReplyDelete