Friday, July 12, 2013

a few gifts

I was so excited today to open my package that came in the post (sometimes I forget what I order :) to see that it was wood. Red Sandalwood to be specific. Now that I have a few shades that I love in my tinted balm for cheeks and lips, I wanted to expand the shade selection. Today, I have been extremely tired, as I was yesterday, so I am not going to attempt it right now, but I am excited to see what it will turn out to be.....

The other gift was being instrumental in someone else's decision. Isn't it funny how by letting someone help you out, in turn, you help them out as well. What a beautiful dance life is, like a square dance with out the guy shouting out what move to do next. (Or maybe he is and we just don't hear him.) Passing from one partner to the next, the dance is the same, but each person has their own take on it, as each persons experiences slightly differ. (To be more specific, as I generally speak in general terms: I commented on a blog I found when I was looking for my own one day. Bess, I am a blogger now. and my comment came at a crucial time to encourage her to keep blogging.  Michelle shares one of the most difficult & beautiful gifts: being candid. What a powerful thing it is to share: the mistakes, the highs, and the in between days. When we are real with each other, it is then that we connect the deepest, for we realize that we are not alone in our struggles. And what a bright hope that brings.)

Not long ago, I too had a "random" interaction with another on the internet by quite an unusual chance. And though it was just a short exchange, it too lifted my spirits, helped me realize more of my worth, and gives me hope.

Michelle, you blog as long as you want to! and when you don't want to, then stop. And if you choose to start again, get back at it. I am glad that you are still wanting to blog for now and I am glad that on a 'whim' with "Bess, you is my woman, you is, you is,....Because de sorrow of de past is all done done", singing in your head, you chose your blog title. May the sun shine bright for you today. Your friend, Bess

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I love more - your writing or your message to me. Bess, you really is my woman!

    ReplyDelete