Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The measure of success

 I had a very successful day yesterday. I went out in quest of showing one of my products to find some new vendors. I knew not to make a list when I set out, because I knew with the amount of time I had and the distance to cover, there was no way that I could see all the places that I wanted to visit. I decided to take the next move as it came. And let the interactions that I had not be rushed, but let myself have quality interactions with people.
Let me tell you, I saw a lot of green!! (Ok, so it wasn't money.) I actually spent money most places I went. At the end of the day, I had no new orders. But in reflection, I still consider this day a success. A picture at one place I stopped said, "Hard work is the yeast that rises the dough." I got to check in with a current vendor & left with a book on flowers. I got some great feedback and some potential ideas from another, and left with a great buckeye and a cream soda. I stopped into 2 other stores that rent out vender spaces, to look around to get ideas. It was there that the "What are you doing?" "Your not doing it right" feeling surged through my insides. So I decided it was just the right time to take my friends advice and go to the beach alone. How fantastic it felt to swim out in the deep and then just float, not trying to do anything, but just be. Chased all those thoughts away, and brought me back to a state of wellbeing. I got to ride in the country with all it's lush green, swim in an ocean the shade of tea, talk with people along the way, and take what I gleaned. I am so very proud of myself for taking initiative, even though it seems far fetched, even though "for the present" I have "nothing" to show for it. I leapt and it feels good to try. So I will keep leaping until I land on the ground that I want to be on.

2 comments: