Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cat Walk

 Sweet Shadow continued his journey today. My kind friend picked him to take him to the shelter that she volunteers at. Shadow let me hold him for the first time today. I am sad that he had to go. But I am grateful that he was with us for at least a short time, and I am thankful that he is being taken care of well now and that someone who is in a situation to care for him well will adopt him.  
A friend recently reminded me that "we never know who will be put in our path for a reason, a season or a lifetime." It quickens the fire under me to get my life in order that I would be capable to help others more.
My son and I recently read Cat Walk by Mary Stolz.
Phenomenal book! (So it's in the juvenile section at the library, which I like to call "the books for all ages" section.) It tells the story of another black cat whos journey home leads him to many places, some kind and others not. He even bravely left the place of his birth in order to find this place where he was most at peace. Letting go can be excruciating, but it can also be very cleansing and beneficial, if we let it.
So I had to let go of Shadow, so he could "journey on." It is comforting to me that even though it seems that Shadow was in my life for just a season, I was able to show him kindness & send him to a place where he will experience more kindness. And he in return brought a heartfelt smile to my face and the joy of sharing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment