Tuesday, July 9, 2013

An old shirt to a statement piece

 I always smile when I get compliments on my purple/grey shirt with the bird applique (because  it is at least 6 years old.) A year and a half ago I added the bird, and it became something special. I have always liked lots of color and I have come to appreciate attention to detail. So I took 2 old shirts and 2 shirts that I got at an outlet store about a year ago and added some fabric appliques.
You would be surprised how easy it is to do this. (I know what your thinking, and I used to think the same thing, "Oh sure, you can do it but I never could.") All it takes is an old shirt, scrap of fabric, fuse-n-tear stabalizer, heat & bond lite, an iron, and sewing in the zig zag setting. {Iron the fuzzy side of the fuse-n-tear to the back side of your shirt, then iron the bumpy side of the heat&bond to the wrong side of the fabric (a few seconds), cut out your design, peal of the paper, place it on your shirt, and iron a few more seconds. Then use the zig zag all around the edge.} Waaloh! Your new statement piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment